Friday, April 8, 2011

Weight Loss Challenge

Well after I joined a gym, my brother Jeff borrowed P90X from me. We decided that we were going to do a 5 week weight loss challenge. 5 weeks because that's the deadline of him coming back down for Dave's wedding. So we both got weighed in and measured and started working out. So far it has been about two weeks and I have only missed going to the gym for 3 days I believe! Which is really good for me. To be completely honest I love going to the gym. I feel so much better about myself and I feel as if my day is incomplete if I skip a day. My only problem is that the last time I weighed myself i didn't lose any weight, which I found bogus because I am working really hard. So this week I decided to try something different, I cut my carbohydrate intake way down, I am drinking a little over 100 oz. of water a day, fruits and veggies are a big part of my day :) and I upped cardio at the gym by 10 minutes. So now if I don't lose weight it will be completely ridiculous. I decided this time around (getting healthy) that I was only going to tweak my eating habits, because to be honest I don't eat that horrible and I actually want this to be a lifestyle change that I can keep not something I do for 6 months and quit! I feel as if counting calories is a quick fix that no one will do forever. I am in this for the long term not the short term! Well I will keep everyone posted on my progress!

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree about the calorie counting! Being aware of what you eat and what is in your food is so much better! I'm rooting for you Jen! You can do it! Don't be too discouraged about the scale, the fact that you feel good about yourself is pretty awesome! And remember, stress has a great deal to do with a healthy weight so make sure you keep that to a minimum and always make time for yourself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks heidi I'm hoping I start losing soon! Only 3 more weeks til final weigh in :O

    ReplyDelete