Sunday, November 6, 2011

Girls Hunt Too!!!

Well as I mentioned a few months ago, I took Hunters Safety. It all paid off because I got a deer. We will start with a story :p So I was extremely tired because the previous night I didn't get much sleep, so I was dozing in and out sitting in my tent. When all of a sudden I hear leafs moving, I look up and there was nothing there, weird, but I turned my head to the left and low and behold there was a deer. It was estimated to be about 35-40 yards away from me. So I slowly turn my torso so that I could be straight onto it. I had a shot so I took it! I thought it was a doe, honest. However as myself, dad and friend Justin approached it (it only ran 30 yards) I noticed it was a button buck :/ not what I wanted to see. You see you are not supposed to shoot button bucks because one day they could be big bucks but now we will never no!

I gutted it myself even. It was so cool, way better than anatomy class! The boys were rushing me, but I could of spent a lot of time just holding each organ in my hands and examining them. The blood was so warm and different from what I could of even imagined. Shooting a deer was one of the best experiences of my life thus far. I will never forget my first and I hope I have many more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment