Friday, March 2, 2012

the closing of a chapter

Well I finally put my notice in at Medilodge. Medilodge is the place I have been working at since September. I work as a CNA, taking care of the elderly. It is probably the worst  job I have ever had, and I have had quite a few in my day lol. I love the residents but the amount of under staffing that goes on is just ridiculous. I had 16 residents all to my self last night, I had to help them all get ready for bed and go to the bathroom when they needed. If I multiply my time with how many residents I have that's a mere15minutes a piece I have with each person ONLY, If I can spell it out any more, I only have 15 minutes devoted to each person to help them go to the bathroom, change, brush teeth, get in to bed and make sure they are comfortable. And considering most of the residents an incontinent meaning they don't know when they have to go to the bathroom, I have to leave time for bed checks at the end of the night. Not only is this completely unfair to the workers but it isn't fair to the residents and frankly unsafe. I have never been more excited to go back to the golf course!

Hope you all have a fabulous weekend

1 comment: